We understand the current outbreak is worrying. We want to take a moment to share the ways we can all help keep our community safe, as well as the steps we are taking as an organisation to manage this situation.
Regular updates from government bodies are being taken very seriously by all members of staff at Momentum Sports & Rehabilitation Services. In an effort to protect those within our community who are most at risk we will be focusing on considered actions to slow the spread of COVID-19. These steps are also essential to ease the demands on the health system so that it can function effectively during this time.
What actions are we taking to keep clients safe and well?
Momentum is recognised across the Canberra region for providing the highest quality of care. These standards include our daily hygiene practices, which are exceptionally thorough and enforced across the clinic. To manage additional risks associated with spread of COVID-19 we are implementing the following additional measures:
- All group classes are being cancelled until further notice.
- All hydrotherapy will be cancelled until further notice.
- We have increased disinfecting measures of equipment throughout the facility to ensure indirect contact between clients is minimised.
- All of our team are having regular temperature monitoring and in the presence of other ongoing symptoms will be taking leave to undergo medical assessment.
- Telehealth appointments are being offered to those who may be eligible, please contact the clinic to find out more about this option.
What can you do to help?
- The primary preventative action that everyone can undertake is regular washing of hands and reducing unnecessary physical contact.
- Clients who have significant ongoing health issues such as heart disease, or lung disease, or those who are immune suppressed are encouraged to stay at home and please contact us to cancel your appointments or discuss alternative support.
- Frequent hand washing and hand sanitising during your visits.
- Making full use of the soap, sanitisers and cleaning items available.
- When coughing or sneezing cover your mouth with flexed elbow or tissue. Dispose of the tissue after use.
- Minimise direct contact with people within the clinic.
- Familiarise yourself with the most current information from relevant Government Health Departments.
- If you feel unwell, we ask that you do not enter the clinic instead let us know and we can discuss alterative options for your ongoing care.
- Clients with the following flu-like symptoms are asked to please cancel their appointments and stay at home.
In addition, if you have travelled to any area with an increased spread of the disease within the last 14 days, we recommend you self-quarantine and seek medical assessment.
We are monitoring the situation closely across all our clinics and should the situation change we shall provide further information in line with the relevant Government Health Departments.
Our focus is to protect our clients and staff and to keep everyone informed of any change of practices and to actively prevent the spread of COVID-19 within our immediate community. We are taking every precaution to ensure the safety and health of our communities, but we need your help. If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms and have a scheduled appointment, please let our team know so that we can discuss options with you to ensure our collective well-being.
Appointments that are cancelled due to COVID-19 will not be charged and we request that anyone who has flu-like symptoms, has been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 or has travelled to an area with ongoing spread of the disease to remain at home.
We are also exploring options for delivery of services through online methods where appropriate and will provide further information about this as it becomes available.
We hope this provides some comfort to all our clients and their carers with respect to the current health pandemic.
We would like to thank you for your patience, and we appreciate your ongoing support. If you have any feedback in relation to the current COVID-19 situation our community is facing, please do not hesitate to contact the clinic on (02) 6210 0060.