Physiotherapy provides a crucial foundation for any successful rehabilitation or injury management plan. We offer effective, evidence-based treatments for a wide variety of conditions, including:
- Sports injuries
- Workplace injuries
- Strength & conditioning
- Back pain
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Neuromuscular rehabilitation
- Amputee training & rehabilitation
- Manual therapies (massage, mobilisation)
- Kinesio taping
- Dry needling
- Splinting of hands & fingers
- Musculoskeletal screening
Orthoses (medical bracing)
Momentum offers the most comprehensive range of medical bracing options in the Canberra region. These services include:
- Post-operative bracing: spinal, upper limb and lower limb
- Sports bracing: acute injury management, protection and injury prevention
- Osteoarthritis bracing: knees, ankles, feet, hands, wrists
- Paediatric orthotic treatment: AFOs, Functional Electrical Stimulation, temporary/positional splinting, serial casting
- Long-term orthotic management: typically for neuromuscular conditions such as multiple sclerosis, stroke, nerve damage and incomplete spinal injury
- Custom orthoses: manufactured on-site for complex conditions and shapes that cannot be managed through off-the-shelf devices
Foot care is one of the most overlooked aspects in maintaining and improving mobility. Momentum specialises in the effective management of walking biomechanics to reduce pain and increase function.
Our foot orthotics are prescribed and manufactured in-house by biomechanical specialists with experience in management of complex foot pathologies. This ensures you receive the best, most appropriate device for your unique needs.
We also offer a wide range of off-the-shelf and custom made medical grade footwear for complex foot shapes that cannot be managed in standard footwear.
Prostheses (artificial limbs)
Momentum is the only privately-owned provider of prosthetic services in the Canberra region. All our treatments are centred around you and your goals, ensuring you receive only the most appropriate device for your unique needs. We are proud to combine Canberra’s most efficient, effective and holistic prosthetic care with the broadest range of prosthetic components and professional knowledge in the region.
We manufacture on site, and provide local maintenance and support for all devices, including osseointegration.
We also offer amputee-specific training and rehabilitation to ensure you achieve the best possible outcomes from your prosthetic device.
Services for children
Momentum is the only local provider of custom made children’s orthoses (medical bracing) in the Canberra region. We offer a wide range of services to assist with functional development and mobility, including custom supports and bracing, footwear, and foot orthoses (“orthotics”).
Our clinical team provides comprehensive functional assessments to ensure your child receives the most appropriate devices for their needs. We offer functional training and responsive follow-up care to ensure your child achieves the best possible functional outcomes from their new devices.